Lawrence is a corporate entrepreneur with a keen eye for market relevance who envisions and builds digital products and services across the globe. An early interest in taking apart complex problems honed his multi-disciplined solution approach. He’s launched more than a dozen $10MM+ corporate products across industries (Retail, High-tech, Media and Entertainment) and IT services. With a passion for growth and transformation, his expertise is in Process Engineering, Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, Big Data, Mobile/Social Media, IT Security and Product Marketing.
While successfully creating businesses on three continents, Lawrence served as a change leader on executive teams. He has created $100MM business lines and launched new product/services for some of the worlds’ top brands (Motorola, Catalina Marketing, Macrovision, DHL, Debenhams). Over the past 20 years, he’s helped launch ten early stage companies and is currently working on two more.
- Board of Directors – PNI Digital Media (TX: PN now Staples) The premier provider of digital solutions for Retailers. Assisted executive team in strategy, new product launches (social stationary, expanded photo sharing) and governance.
- Global Head of Services – UST Global. UST is a privately held $650MM outsourcing leader. Developed business service lines and grew to $100MM P&L portfolio in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Genpact – Global Head Quality Assurance – Merged and restructured acquired QA businesses and developed a single delivery organization to $47MM (26% growth) revenue.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers – Global Practice Leader responsible for development day-to-day operations of nine lines of business including a $60MM venture fund for early stage companies.
- Interim Chief Revenue Officer – Turnaround of multiple organizations with misaligned technology, process and organizational structures.
- Non-profit leadership roles (samples)
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce - Small Business Council and advisor to Executive Director.
- Association of Internet Professionals – Chicago Chapter President and International Board Member.
Lawrence’s work is repeatedly recognized for organizational transformation. Dun & Bradstreet recognized his transformation of their core business, DnBi, in their Annual Report, which netted 35% revenue growth. Gartner recognized his solution for Business Process Management as “best in class” for Catalina Marketing.
Examples of digital products Lawrence has defined, designed and delivered:
- Conceived and developed loyalty programs for Discover Card, The New York Times and Safeway resulting in $10MM+ revenue streams.
- Developed point-of-Sale Credit and Debit cards platforms for Follett (installed across a base of 1,800 college campuses).
- Developed first smartphone eCommerce strategy for Motorola.
- Created first Merchant program for Discover Card.
- Devised and developed multiple products supporting compliance control in health, wellness and life sciences
Lawrence is a thought leader in Change Management, Payments, Social Media/Mobility, and Retail. He is a contributing writer for Wired, The Christian Science Monitor and PSFK magazine. His book ‘Facebook for Your Business’ was among the first to describe how the social media platform could grow businesses. He is a frequent speaker and media guest expanding audience perspective on the New Normal of business and IT.
Here are some fun facts about Lawrence.